The following letter outlines the business case for attending the 2019 Home Care and Hospice Conference and Expo, the annual meeting of the National Association for Home Care & Hospice. It’s designed to assist you with requesting funding from an employer or other sponsor to help you attend. Simply copy and paste the text into a document, tailor the information to your needs, and send it to the appropriate party.
Dear [insert name],
The 2019 Home Care and Hospice Conference and Expo, the annual meeting of the National Association for Home Care & Hospice, is the nation’s largest gathering of home care, hospice, and private duty professionals. In addition to a wide variety of educational sessions, the conference hosts the largest marketplace for buyers and sellers in our industry with nearly 200 vendors planning to attend.
The theme of this year’s program is Foresight: Care for the Future. All educational sessions and keynote speakers will focus on ways to prepare yourself for the future of home care and hospice – and your career. In addition, there will be ample networking opportunities.
There will be over 80 educational sessions to choose from, covering:
- Effective strategies to prepare for the implementation of the Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM), which begins on January 1, 2020
- Innovations in palliative care and hospice, including technology, quality assurance and business development
- Bridging the interoperability gap between referring physicians and post-acute care providers
- Growth and development of staff, beginning with talent acquisition
- Home care regulatory changes, including quality, finance, and compliance topics
- Business and workforce development, leadership, and financial management for private duty and private pay organizations
The meeting takes place October 13-15, 2019, at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington. The conference offers up to 11.5 contact hours for nurses and up to 13.0 CPEs through education and general sessions. As part of the registration, meals (breakfast and lunch) are included, and there will also be food at the evening receptions on October 13 and 15.
As part of my attendance, I commit to returning value to [insert name of your organization] as a result of its investment in my development in the following way(s). [Choose one or more as appropriate.]
- I will prepare a formal presentation to share what I’ve learned with colleagues in my department/other areas of the organization when I return from the conference.
- I will use social media while at the conference to share what I’ve learned with others.
- I will attend [insert specific session title] to see what I can learn to apply to [insert specific issue/challenge facing your organization].
- I will attend sessions on [insert topic area], which is a subject that has been identified in my professional development plan as an area for me to work on.
- I will network with other attendees at the 2019 Home Care and Hospice Conference and Expo and share information about our company and/or its products/services.
From the options offered, I have selected a registration rate of [insert rate selected $1,000 for NAHC members; $1,450 for non-members if you stay in our hotel room blook] for the 2019 Home Care and Hospice Conference and Expo. The conference is being held at the Washington State Convention Center. NAHC is offering excellent conference rates starting at their three host hotels. I would like to request a budget of [insert requested budget].
I believe my attendance at the conference will provide an immediate ROI when I’m able to put into practice what I’ve learned from the best in my profession. Thank you for your consideration.